Bride & Groom: Lauren Blocker & Peter Sklaver
Lauren and Peter of NYC chose Charleston, SC for their destination wedding, bringing 150 of their closest friends and families to the Holy City for a weekend none of them will soon forget.
When & Where: April 9, 2016 at Cannon Green – Charleston, SC
I was able to work with some truly amazing professionals for this one!
- The always amazing planner and designer who made everything so easy on the rest of us, my friend, Ashley Greene of Posh, Petals, & Pearls
- This was my first time performing at Cannon Green and I cannot say enough about their staff. Led by Anna Griffith, they were true professionals. Not to mention the food…it is a must try!
- The very talented Jenna Marie took some amazing photos, including some with the bride and….Martha Stewart! I cannot wait to see the final shots!
- Beautiful ceremony and cocktail music was provided by the talented Palmetto Strings
- Floral arrangements provided by Charleston Flower Market
- Delicious cakes by Wild Flour Pastry
- Hair and makeup by Paper Dolls
- Transportation provided by Carolina’s Executive Limo
Introduction of the Bride & Groom: Sweet Disposition – The Temper Trap
First Dance: Sparks – Coldplay
Father-Bride Dance: Turn Around – Kenny Loggins
Mother-Groom Dance: Days Like This – Van Morrison
Cake Cutting: More Today Than Yesterday – Kermit Ruffins
Last Dance: New York, New York – Frank Sinatra
After a beautiful ceremony performed by Rabbi Aaron Sherman, we began cocktail hour. Knowing the eclectic musical taste of the bride and groom, I played a mix of standards, soft rock, and indie rock, from Frank Sinatra & Ray LaMontagne to Citizen Cope, Coldplay, & Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros.
After the introduction, first dance and parent dances, Lauren’s father welcomed everyone and I continued the same mix of music during dinner. After some entertaining and heartfelt speeches by the Matron of Honor and Best Man, Lauren & Peter cut the cake. We then opened the dance floor with the traditional Jewish dance, the Horah, to Hava Nagilah by David & The High Spirit. Within moments, our Bride & Groom were in their chairs and hoisted up almost to the ceiling, and their parents soon were too! We then got the dancing started, and I opened with a great mix of 60’s, 70’s, and Motown, and mixing in some 80’s pop like Steve Winwood, Whitney Houston, and Madonna, and people filled the dance floor…right then I knew this was going to be a great night. When the last hour came we switched it up a little and I went into a 90’s/2000’s hip-hop set with some David Guetta and Calvin Harris dance songs thrown in, and no one ever left the dance floor.
We ended the night with Empire State of Mind followed by New York, New York by Frank Sinatra. Just before the last couple of songs, Ashley pulled out a box under my table and handed out the black and white “Sinatra hats” and glow sticks! Peter and Lauren were given a thunderous applause and guests were treated to some delicious Momofuku – Milkbar cookies to take with them.
This was one of my favorite weddings, and not one I, or the guests, will soon forget! Thank you again Ashley and Anna, and congratulations to the new Mr. & Mrs. Lauren & Peter Sklaver!