Photo courtesy of Six Foot Photography
Rose Hill Estate – Nashville, NC Wedding Venue
Step back in time and enjoy a romantic wedding at Rose Hill Estate in a historic, countryside setting just outside of Raleigh. When planning a wedding at the Rose Hill Estate, we have a few tips.
The Rose Hill Estate has 4 main areas (front of house, inside house, back pond & Nathan Hall).
Front of house
- Some wedding ceremonies are held here.
- The wedding ceremony can be held at top of the stairs on the large porch with a plantation style.
- To provide ceremony music, we would be set up by bushes on the right side of the lawn.
- Some cocktail hours are held here.
- We either set up a speaker for music or tap into The Rose Hill Estate’s receiver in the cabinet in the front room and play through their downstairs speakers.
- The pond is located behind the house.
- Some ceremonies are held here.
- The DJ either sets up on left by the bell or on the back porch of the house.
- Swans on the pond are a beautiful setting.
- The back patio and lawn is where most cocktail hours are held if the weather is good.
- We set up a speaker for cocktail hour.
- Inside Nathan Hall is where all receptions are held.
- The hall holds up to 250 people.
- The DJ sets up on the far left corner with dance floor normally right in front of us.
- The Dance floor and uplights look great in this room.
- There is a large beautiful fireplace along the back wall.
Sample Wedding at Rose Hill Estate
I always have the best time DJing at Rose Hill Plantation in Nashville, NC, and Claire and Linwood’s wedding was no exception!
Their ceremony was held on the front porch of the huge plantation house. I ran a mic for officiant Heidi Gessner and also one for Linwood to pick up their vows. Harpist Laura Byrne handled the music on the porch and did an amazing job! Claire and her Bridesmaids looked beautiful with hair and makeup by the ladies at Makeup By Ashley Mooney. After a short service, Heidi invited guests into the house for cocktails and passed hors d’oeuvres while Amber from Six Foot Photography got some shots of the wedding party around the grounds. Laura provided live harp music during the cocktail hour also.
After the cocktail hour, the 150 guests were invited to the banquet hall for dinner and dancing by Kaisey and Chad from Chad Biggs Event Planning and Design. I left music playing and went to line the wedding party up for introductions with them. The room looked beautiful with floral arrangements by Chad with Perfect Palette Floral!
I introduced the wedding party to “Eye Of The Tiger” and Claire and Linwood to “Dear Life” by High Valley. They came into loud applause and had their first dance to “Heart Like A Wheel” by Eric Church. The wedding party took their seats and Claire and Linwood thanked everyone for coming. Her Parents welcomed everyone and her Step-Father blessed the meal. The food stations opened around the room and I had a mix of country, rock, standards and classic soul playing. They also had a photo booth from ShanSound open all night that people had a blast with!
After dinner, we had the Parents’ dances before opening the floor to everyone. Claire started with her Step-Father’s dance to “Love Is Everything” by George Strait (one of their favorites). Her dance with her Father was to “Wildflowers” by Tom Petty. Linwood escorted his Mother to the floor for their dance to “Humble and Kind” and we had a Cupcake Shoppe cake cutting to “Make It Sweet” by Old Dominion. The donut hole station opened and I opened the floor with some beach music, Motown, and Top 40 that shortly filled it. They had a great request list of hip-hop, 2000’s pop-punk, and sing-alongs that their friends ate up! I even played “Mr. Brightside” for her Bachelorette party and “Magic Carpet Ride” by Steppenwolf for his fraternity brothers from Lambda Chi Alpha which he was the chapter president.
We paused for the bouquet toss to “Girlfight” and then back to dancing until the end of the night. We ended the night with the last dance to “Closing Time” and a sparkler exit. Thank you so much for everything Claire, Linwood, Kaisey, and Chad!!!
Bunn DJ Company believes DJing is more than just showing up and pressing play. It’s also more than just knowing how to choose songs and mix them together. Being wedding DJs at Rose Hill Estate is about creating experiences and atmospheres. That’s what our DJing philosophy boils down to. We don’t want to just provide the perfect music. We want to create the perfect day. That’s why we excel in what we do. And this wedding was a perfect example of that. Working with this awesome couple to create the day they envisioned is something we’ll never forget. And it’s a service we provide all our weddings again and again.
Photo Gallery From Rose Hill Estate
- Photo courtesy of Will Green Photography
- Photo courtesy of Les Atkins photography
- Photo courtesy of F8 Photo Studios
- Photo courtesy of Magnolia Photography