Wakefield Barn – Wake Forest, NC Wedding Venue
The Wakefield Barn is such a gorgeous restored barn originally built in the 1930s — Not only is the actual barn beautiful and functional for events. When planning a wedding at the Wakefield Barn, we have a few tips.
The Wakefield Barn has 2 main areas (1st-floor stables & 2nd floor)
- Usually, the cocktail hour is held in the stables.
- We can set up a speaker with music playing for the cocktail hour.
- The Patio and the grassy area right outside is also great for cocktail hour or for the wedding ceremony.
- The most popular location for the wedding ceremony.
- The 2nd floor holds up to 250 guests seated.
- Uplights and dance floor lights look great upstairs!
- The DJ normally sets up in the middle of the wall with the dance floor in front of the DJ.
Sample Wedding at the Wakefield Barn
The middle of the summer heat still doesn’t stop me from being excited when I get to witness a wedding like Julia and Cody’s at the Historic Wakefield Barn. I had the pleasure of providing the happy couple with music throughout their entire day, so I got to witness the beautiful details from start to finish.
The cute couple got married in front of 150 of their close friends and family. The ceremony lasted about 20 minutes and then quickly led into cocktail hour at the Stables while photographer AJ Dunlap made sure to get these beautiful photos. Wink Hair & Makeup made these already beautiful ladies look so amazing! I started off cocktail hour with some 80s classics ranging from Earth, Wind, and Fire to Fleetwood Mac. I introduced Julia and Cody and led them into their first dance to “Speechless” by Dan + Shay. Julia’s father joined her on the floor to dance to “Forever Young” while Cody’s mom danced with him to “Like Jesus Does”.
After the dances, Don Osborn blessed the meal and a buffet dinner began. After dinner, there were some sweet toasts from multiple people in the bridal party. We went straight from toasts to cutting the beautiful cake from Cinda Cakes to “Sugar Sugar” by the Archies. Haven’t had that one in a while, classic! The rest of the night went off without a hitch as I played a mix of current pop favorites and classics from the 90s.
We ended the night with “Time of My Life” and an epic sparkler exit. Thanks so much for including me on your special day. Congratulations Julia and Cody!
Photography from the amazing AJ Dunlap
Bunn DJ Company believes DJing is more than just showing up and pressing play. It’s also more than just knowing how to choose songs and mix them together. Being wedding DJs at Wakefield Barn is about creating experiences and atmospheres. That’s what our DJing philosophy boils down to. We don’t want to just provide the perfect music. We want to create the perfect day. That’s why we excel in what we do. And this wedding was a perfect example of that. Working with this awesome couple to create the day they envisioned is something we’ll never forget. And it’s a service we provide all our weddings again and again.
Photo Gallery From Wakefield Barn
- Photo courtesy of Southern Love Studios
- Photo courtesy of Joe Payne Photography
- Photo courtesy of Joe Heba Salama Photography
- Photo courtesy of Joe Kelsey Nelson Photography